Office of Financial Assistance        |        200 Bloomfield Avenue        |        West Hartford, CT 06117


p: 800.947.4303        f: 860.768.4961        e:
Contact Us
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3
Student Employment

Student Employment is a division within the Office of Student Financial Assistance helping Federal Work-Study recipients find jobs. Federal Work-Study (FWS) awards are funds that you can earn through part-time employment either on campus or through some community service programs. To qualify for FWS, you must file the FAFSA.

We encourage you to use the funds you earn to help offset your educational expenses. Your earnings are not directly credited to your bill at the University. You will instead receive your earnings in the form of a bi-weekly paycheck at a rate of $10/hour.

Job opportunities can also be searched online. It is your responsibility to find a job and complete the necessary paperwork with Human Resources to ensure you receive payment for the hours you work. You will need to work with your supervisor to determine a schedule that will work around your classes and needed study time. Please notify Student Employment should you change jobs or if you are having trouble receiving your paycheck.

Types of jobs and responsibilities vary greatly. Be sure you find one that is a good fit for you. Most supervisors will make every effort to rehire you in subsequent years if you both have a good experience.

Back to Top