In these times of financial turmoil, many students and families have become concerned about the stability of the financial lending institutions on which they rely to fund their education. We at the University of Hartford would like to reassure you that we will continue to help you manage your educational borrowing needs whether it be through Federal or private supplemental loans. We have a strong working relationship with many lenders and are confident that funds will continue to be available to students and their families. Should you have concerns, please contact us at 1.800.947.4303.

This site is designed to provide general information to prospective students, their families, and currently enrolled students.

For additional information, please refer to the University of Hartford's Undergraduate and Graduate Bulletin. You may obtain the Bulletins by downloading them from our website at or by contacting the University of Hartford's Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance at (860) 768-4296. Students may also request the Bulletin by emailing

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law which is designed to protect the privacy of and limit access to the education records of students. Learn more about FERPA here.

Financial Aid
The University of Hartford offers need-based financial aid to eligible students to help defray their education expenses. To be considered for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Award amounts vary and depend on your demonstrated financial need. Need is determined by subtracting the expected family contribution (EFC), from the estimated cost of attendance (COA), as determined by the Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance.

Note: The University cannot guarantee that your need will be met in full because financial aid is contingent upon the timeliness of the your application, federal regulations, institutional policies governing financial aid, and the availability of funds. Furthermore, if you have earned a baccalaureate degree or are enrolled less than full time, you are ineligible for University administered or funded grants or scholarships.

Full-time undergraduate students applying for financial aid will be considered for all programs which the University administers. Student financial aid awards are generally a combination of grants, loans, and part-time employment, contingent upon demonstrated need and the availability of funds. Graduate students applying for financial aid will be considered for the Federal Family Education Loan Programs.

In addition to its own funds, the University of Hartford participates in all Federal Title IV Programs and Federal Family Education Loan Programs. Residents of Connecticut and of those states with reciprocal agreements with the State of Connecticut may also be eligible to receive state scholarships or grants.

More information on financial aid assistance

The University of Hartford offers scholarships which are not based on demonstrated financial need. These scholarships are usually based on other factors which may include your academic performance, place of residence, or talent (artistic, performing arts or athletic). These scholarships are awarded during the undergraduate admission process or through a specific school, college, or department of the University. Students who are seeking a second Baccalaureate degree or who are enrolled less than full-time are ineligible for University-administered grants or scholarships.

Available undergraduate scholarship programs at the University of Hartford