University of Hartford students may choose to work to help meet educational costs.
Students who file the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need may request consideration for
the Federal Work-Study Program. Students not meeting need-based eligibility requirements
may also seek employment from the many available part-time jobs in the university's
colleges, offices and departments.
||Federal Work-Study Program Guidelines:
- Part-time employment offered for both on and off-campus positions.
- Funds are not automatically credited to your account, but are paid directly to you
for hours worked.
- The amount of the FWS award depends on your financial need and the annual federal
allocation to the University. Generally, the maximum award at the University is $1,600 per year.
- In arranging a job and assigning a work schedule, your financial need, class
schedule, and satisfactory academic progress will be taken into account.
- The hourly rate of pay will be at least the current federal minimum hourly wage.