Student Clubs and Organizations
At the University of Hartford, it's easy to get to know others who share your interests. All you have to do is get involved in one of the nearly 100 clubs and organizations on campus. Join the staff of The Informer, the student-run newspaper, check out one of the school's many academic clubs, there's also a Ski Club, an Outing Club that organizes hiking, skiing, and tubing trips in New England, and even a Science Fiction Society that sponsors sci-fi movie marathons and special sci-fi events. Whatever your interest, there's likely a group on campus that has already been formed to explore it!
- Channel 2 News and WSAM
- The University of Hartford has its own television studio. Get involved and you could find yourself reporting the news live every Friday over the University's cable system. Or you can develop your on-air or production talents with the University's student-run radio station. Find out more: http://stn2.hartford.edu
- Greek Life
- The University of Hartford also offers the option of joining a fraternity or sorority, although there is never any pressure to do so. About 11% of our undergraduate students are members of the Greek organizations.
- Intercollegiate Athletics and Intramurals
- If you enjoy playing competitive sports or simply cheering for your favorite teams, you'll find plenty to cheer about at the University of Hartford. We sponsor 18 different Division I teams - representing a broad range of sports for both men and women. You may also want to check out the University's active intramural sports programs for men and women.
Find out more: hartfordhawks.com
- Sports Center
- The University's 130,000-square-foot Sports Center is one of the major hubs of activity on campus. Take a swim in the Olympic-size swimming pool or play some squash or racquetball. You can also get a great workout using the extensive strength and conditioning equipment. And right outside, you can use one of our six lighted tennis courts.
- Program Council
- Looking for something else to do? Check out the calendar of events around campus. You may find there's a play, musical or opera by The Hartt School. You may also check out a live performance, like recent appearances by rock groups Third Eye Blind and Smashmouth. Or maybe there's a blockbuster movie showing or a guest speaker scheduled. It seems there's always something going on at the University of Hartford.