Office of Financial Assistance        |        200 Bloomfield Avenue        |        West Hartford, CT 06117


p: 800.947.4303        f: 860.768.4961        e:
Contact Us
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 3
Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid

The University of Hartford offers a unique combination of educational benefits to its students. The advantages of a multi-school university are combined with the personal attention typical of a small college. We are sensitive to the current economic situation and have a number of financial assistance programs to help make this outstanding private education affordable for families of all income levels.

Students from all income ranges are considered for and receive University of Hartford grants and scholarships. The chart below lists income ranges and the number of Hartford students who received grants and /or scholarships from the University.

Family Income Number of Awards
$50,000 and below 382
$50,001 to $80,000 228
$80,001 to $100,000 128
$100,001 to $130,000 165
$130,001 to $150,000 102
$150,001 and above 205

If you are a full-time undergraduate student applying for financial aid, you will be considered for all programs that the University administers. Some awards require that a student demonstrate financial need while others are based solely on academic, artistic, musical or athletic achievement. Often student financial assistance awards are a combination of grant, loan, and sometimes part-time employment.

In addition to our own funds, the University of Hartford participates in all Federal Title IV Programs and Federal Education Loan Programs. Residents of Connecticut and those states with reciprocal agreements with the State of Connecticut may also be eligible to receive state scholarships or grants.

The Office of Student Financial Assistance can determine your eligibility for need-based financial aid through the FAFSA. Need-based financial aid is funds that you may qualify for based upon your income and family information. Rest assured the University, federal government, and state governments, all have need-based funds available.

Please take a look through this website for information about this topic and much more. And if there’s anything we can do to help, please contact us.


    The University of Hartford offers need-based financial aid to eligible students to help defray their education expenses. To be considered for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). More...


    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law which is designed to protect the privacy of and limit access to the education records of students. More...

  • Additional Information

    For additional information, please refer to the University of Hartford's Undergraduate and Graduate Bulletin. You may obtain the Bulletins by downloading them from our website at or by contacting the University of Hartford's Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance at (860) 768-4296. Students may also request the Bulletin by emailing

Back to Top